Rosa Parks Commons History In 2007, 13.5 acres off Rabb Rd. were developed to
collect storm water from nearby properties. Later, a playground and sports
field was added. The park, formally known as the West Detention Basin, was
re-named in honor of 1950’s civil rights activist Rosa Parks who passed away in
2005. Rosa Parks Commons is conveniently located off Constitution Trail
offering residents several different amenities for activities.